We recommend pre-booking groups. We offer different types and length of tours, depending on demands and group size:
- Ylur - suitable for individuals and smaller groups.
- Varmi - suitable for large groups with up to 500 people.
- Orka - a guided tour, specially adjusted for our younger guests.
- Birta - a private tour including drinks and light delicacies, for up to 15 persons.
All tours are a great ways to learn and experience how we produce green energy from the nature. Our guides speak English and Icelandic.
Normally we are quite busy in the morning from 9:00-11:00. Therefore we recommend booking the group in advance.
Our staff has wide experience preparing meetings and receptions of all kinds. We offer elegant facilities for all kinds of groups to hold meetings, parties or other types of events. Events will be especially memorable in this stunning setting of Hellisheiði area.
- Unique experience
- Some information on geothermal energy
- Workshops and lectures
- Dinner table settings
- The hall fits 30 – 70 persons, depending on the setting.
Please contact us to get an offer for your event.
“GO FIGURE - A POWER PLANT WITH A FIVE RATING, BUT IT’S TRUE!” “VERY INTERESTING!”
Even my middle school kids loved this place. It is fascinating with an excellent tour and video as well as displays. It’s hard to imagine just how amazing geothermal energy can be, but this visitor’s center puts it terms that make it really easy to understand. Great exhibits!
- VISITED JUNE 2016
Very interesting visit, excellent presentation of both generation of power and also how
brilliantly the hot water is used in Iceland - VISITED APRIL 2016